Tuesday 20 April 2010

In Which Bean Gets a Bit Touchy-Feely

This week saw more failed attempts to complete student finance. They took the whole system down on Sunday, so I was hoping they were going to fix it then, but whatever they did, it didn’t work. They have put a caveat on that you can fill in a paper form, but I really don’t want to have to do that. They already have most of my details on the system, and for the whole of my last year at uni they sent all my letters to a made up mash up address of my home address and term time address. That was a gem, they made it up, and no matter how many times they changed over the phone when I told them it was wrong, the system still sent my letters to it. So all in all, I don’t have a lot of faith in them and trying to merge paper with computer applications is just asking for trouble I’m sure.

I got a lovely congratulations card from mr’s parents filled with some really pretty beads that his mum had picked out, which was lovely of her. I am now trying to decide what to do with them. OOooo, and the first book is gone off my amazon wishlist! Super excited bean :D

In other book related news, I gave away my UKCAT book to a guy at work who’s son wants to go to med school. That was quite an odd feeling. It was nice to know that I wouldn’t need again, but it’s still quite weird thinking that next year I won’t have to apply again, because for the last 5 years or so my life has been about applying to med school and now that I don’t have to anymore, well it’s odd. Obviously I’m really happy that I don’t have to apply, and I got to where I wanted to be, for the moment anyway. The next step will be passing exams, and passing the course. I suppose it’s just been force of habit – “What are you doing? I’m applying to med school.” It’s been long enough since I found out, it really should have sunk in by now. Lol, I guess it’s just my impatience again – I want to start now, and I won’t quite believe it until I do. It’s still a long way off yet, a whole 22 weeks, even though 22 doesn’t sound like much. 101 work days left, according to my clever formula. And I expect when I get there, I’ll be craving a break again, the grass is always greener isn’t it ? :)

Well your all very boring people not playing the conundrum I set in last weeks post. The answer was bookkeeper in case you wondered silently. Round up of the rest of my life: the rowing is going better, and since it looks like I’m sticking at stroke, I guess I’m going to have to start going back to the gym to get my fitness back up. You can’t slack at stroke and I can’t let the rest of my crew down cos I’m lazy :p My blisters are nearly completely healed thanks to the newly discovered miracle lotion that is Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula. I have great tan lines from rowing on Sunday morning, a proper farmers tan, and awesome plans are slowly falling into place for when mr comes down in a couple of weeks.

I had my first washing disaster last week, and ironically, I did it at home. I felted my favourite tank top, oops. I can’t find a replacement for it either, so I think I may have to knit one. To do that though, I have to finish the jumper I have on the go, which I am procrastinating because the next bit is hard, and I’m not sure I like the colour anymore, and making pretty jewellery gives instant gratification. Lol, I am such a fickle scatty girl sometimes, which is funny, because I’m sure none of the people who know me would say that about me, it’s just how I seem to be coming across here. Ah well, that’s it for me for now. Let’s see if our ‘upgraded’ systems are working at work yet (read: put in place before testing and now failing horribly, a bit like Windows Vista). Nottingham decisions out this week, good luck people!

No comments: